[coreboot] flashrom SC520 support

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jun 22 17:13:54 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:27:27PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Who remembers details about this guy?
> >
> > flashrom hardcodes the flash chip address to 0x9400000 with
> > -DTS5300 instead of the regular 4G-flash chip size.
..
> > I want to get rid of the #define. Probe it or lose it!
>
> I say NACK to dropping this code.
>
> Please don't get the code drop frenzy! There are enough other open
> working lots.

Just a little cleaning up.

> On the TS5300 it was strapped to 0x9400000, other SC520 systems
> may be configured differently. But basically all have their flash
> at non-standard positions afaik.

Hm? You say strapped, to me that means controlled by board
design/jumpers. Is the address always set by hardware, and
then that address is readable in the PAR registers?

> If you want to write code to do the probing, I'll gladly ACK it.

I won't write that until it can be tested by someone before commit.

> I can't test anymore - the TS5300 stayed back at the linuxtag in
> 07. No idea what happened to it.

Maybe Carsten still has it?

Does anyone else have access to a SC520 system?

I hope you agree that it is not so useful to spend time on adding
support for a 7+ year old board, which noone can test on, that has
already been compiled out of the utility by default since forever.

//Peter