[coreboot] coreboot and U-Boot: a comparison

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sat Jun 21 21:14:24 CEST 2008

ron minnich schrieb:
>> 8) U-Boot now has architecture specific git repositories for
>>   active development available via http protocol that passes
>>   through most firewalls transparently.  coreboot has a
>>   single SVN repository that seems to be accessible only
>>   via the svn protocol which requires that the svn port
>>   be open on the firewall which is often impossible to get
>>   approved, since it is a "non-standard" port.
>>

> ah, git. Love it or hate it. I know people who have used it and now
> stopped. We had a truly terrible experience with LB and arch years
> ago, and the SCM question is a sensitive one. I have had people tell
> me "move to git" and others tell me "please please DON'T EVER MOVE TO
> GIT".

I think, the main request here is to have the repo available over a
"standard port" (yay, it's PHBs and BOFHs ruining the party again).

We already provide the cbv2 repo over https (as documented on
http://www.coreboot.org/Download_coreboot ), and it should be easy to
provide the other repos as well. It should be easy to map them into the
http namespace on coreboot.org, if that's truly necessary.

Regards,
Patrick