[coreboot] flashrom verify fails, CK804, MCP55

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jun 21 02:46:01 CEST 2008

Dear Tiago,

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 04:09:07PM +0100, Tiago Marques wrote:
> Finally had some time to test this.
> The erase command does nothing, I was still able to download the
> full BIOS and boot the machine. This using the latest flashrom
> revision. First step is to make it erase? Where should I start?

If this is the case with both Winbond and PMC flash chips it seems
like the write disable signals to the chip were set, but in that
case it would not have been possible for flashrom to PROBE
successfully. Hm.

I am interested in debugging this. Would it be possible for you to
join our IRC channel sometime for a more effective session?

irc.freenode.net #coreboot

If not, we can do email too. :)

//Peter