[coreboot] GSoC project(SCSI boot)__status report

Zhang Rui zrfail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 05:21:50 CEST 2008

2008/6/20 Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>:
> I don't think so, I am excited to try it out once you are finished.
> Although I am using IDE instead of SCSI.
> Sorry if I sound like a broken record, the main thing to remember is we
> need to make all the LegacyBIOS code that is getting injected into the
> coreboot base code optional, hence the "if option LegacyBIOS is selected".
> There are alot of people sensative about this, and we need to keep coreboot
> flexible and make everyone happy, right?

OK, I will keep "making LegacyBIOS code optional" in my mind.
May be a choice in the menuconfig is suitable?
I will implement this option after I finished the SCSI booting functionality.
Is this OK?

And another question, LegacyBIOS is not in the coreboot base code now
and where should we put it? Maybe in the util/LegacyBIOS?