[coreboot] flashrom: Add support for AMIC Technology A49LF040A and do not probe W29EE011 anymore

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Jun 18 16:15:07 CEST 2008

On 18.06.2008 15:35, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 01:56:33PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> I'd still like to know:
>> - whether the W29EE011 non-standard probing could be replaced by
>> JEDEC probing
>>

> I don't believe we will be able to test this anytime soon because the
> chip is quite old.

And it is listed as TEST_OK_PREW in flashchips.c, so we have some tester
somewhere (Uwe). By the way, since we don't probe for that chip anymore,
we have to change the chip to TEST_OK_REW|TEST_BAD_PROBE.

>> - whether we can write 0xFF to the chip after probing, triggering a
>> reset for most chips.
>>

> We did try writing the product ID exit command, and unfortunately it
> did not help.

Yes, that's why I suggested 0xFF.

> Note that the chip still responds fine to LPC reads, data is
> returned, but any write commands are ignored. The way I read the data
> sheet this indicates that the chip is in an undocumented state.
>
> Please do feel free to investigate this further, but personally I
> doubt we'll ever find out what AMIC's state machine is up to. :\

Unfortunately I don't have the necessary hardware.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel