[coreboot] Thin Client Compaq Evo T20

Nick Innes nick.innes at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 22:55:15 CEST 2008

Hi Peter,

I'll have a play - I've looked at the TI datasheets for both parts, and
concluded that they don't give a sensible idea of when the signal should
be asserted and when not. It reads as though other signals control the
power to the card and this is an optional power switch, which I suspect
may be used by the original BIOS/CE.Net firmware to enable/disable the
slot for security reasons (I cannot find mention of this in the manual,
but cannot think of any other reason).

Is there any way in coreboot v2 to run something mainboard specific just
before starting the payload? I ask because on the T20 I have no output
but a bicolour LED connected to the southbridge, and it'd be good to
know when execution was about to be passed to the payload and that we'd
found RAM etc OK - I tried post ram initialisation in auto.c, however
this all happens before coreboot is copied to RAM and executed.

Nick