[coreboot] work on intel 440GX

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Mon Jun 16 14:04:10 CEST 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:52:43 +0200, Marek Becka <beckam2 at fel.cvut.cz>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have one older motherboard with Intel 440 GX chipset. During this
> summer I would like to try to port coreboot on it. I like idea of this
> project and I would like to support it and learn something new.  There
> is already work on 440 BX chipset, so I can establish on it.
> Documentation from Intel is also available. The only problem should be
> Ali M5132 Super I/O. I haven't found anything about this chip. It is
> real problem?

Hello Marek,
I think it is great you want to port coreboot to the 440GX. Go for it!
As far as the SuperIO, are you able to get ahold of a datasheet for it?
If so, you can do some reading and then find one that matches it pretty
close and use that for your starting code.
Hope that helps.

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith