[coreboot] How to build coreboot for AMD/Opteron nVnida/CK804 CRB

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Wed Jun 11 23:54:23 CEST 2008

Joseph Smith wrote:

> Sorry I don't think that board is supported by coreboot. I
> know in the past
> it is very hard to get nvidia chips supported due to lack of
> datasheets,
> public information, etc.

The nVidia CK804 CRB is supported by coreboot
(or at least it should be supported).  I have
three year old source code based on LinuxBIOS
that supports this board.  Our code was never
submitted, because another CK804 port of
LinuxBIOS was completed and submitted before
ours.

Three years ago, I didn't have any trouble
getting technical information for the nVidia
CK804 chipset.  An NDA was required.  nVidia
was very easy to work with, especially while
reviewing our source code.  We were provided
with good support by nVidia.

--- CK804 code in official LinuxBIOS source code ---

The nVidia CK804 chipset is definitely supported
by coreboot.  See ./src/southbridge/nvidia/ck804/.
What happened to the mainboard and target files
of the nVidia CK804 CRB board?  Did someone remove
them from the coreboot repository?

I also have a snapshot of the official LinuxBIOS
code right after the other CK804 port was officially
submitted (three years ago).  It contains
./src/mainboard/nvidia/nf4crb, so the CK804
mainboard files were in the official tree.  However,
I see no evidence that the target files were in that
snapshot, but I assumed that they were added later.

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs