[coreboot] coreboot BIOSisms

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jun 9 19:31:40 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 01:23:21PM -0400, Joseph Smith wrote:
> >> If yes, why shouldn't LegacyBIOS simply be included in coreboot?
> >
> > I definitely think it should. We have half a legacybios in there
> > for VGA init anyways.
> > Obviously as an option. Or, rather, as a dependency when you choose
> > the option "option rom based VGA init" or the option "int13
> > bootloader".
>
> I like your take on this Stefan. Why not just make it an option in
> coreboot?

Tricky because it drastically changes coreboot's demarcation point.

I also like Stefan's thinking to use LegacyBIOS rather than the
built-in half-baked stuff for VGA init, and int 13.

That's just one rather simple BIOSism though, the callbacks during
coreboot runtime. Whether they should remain for the payload is
another matter, as are the tables.

//Peter