[coreboot] Newbee patch for A49LF040A (Alix2c2) please have a look.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Jun 7 01:55:50 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

On 07.06.2008 00:39, Jens Kuehnel wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger schrieb:
>

>> I'd like to do that, but the patch was so mangled that I had problems
>> reading it. It looks like you put vendor and device ID together in
>> AMIC_A49LF040A. The vendor ID you want is probably AMIC_ID_NOPREFIX.
> OK, I changed that.

Looks really good.

The only remaining question is whether the erase and write functions
should be the generic JEDEC functions instead. I haven't tested that and
unfortunately I did not have time to read the spec yet.

Simply running "flashrom" with the patch should tell you whether the
chip detection works and it is absolutely harmless. We can postpone
testing erase and write until you have confirmed chip detection.

Also, could you please add a Signed-off-by statement to your patch?
Otherwise we can't commit it. See
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure for
details.

Regards,