[coreboot] flashrom and list of computers

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Fri Jun 6 21:48:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 09:42:35PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> That does not help because we still have to write routines for every
> special mainboard and then we can easily use PCI subsystem IDs.

Sadly, not always. Look at the various geode boards out there, for instance -
a lot of them look very alike or even identical if you only look at PCI
subsystem IDs, but are in fact made by different vendors and/or different
models of the same vendor. Ask the artecgroup guys for their experience with
that :/

Thanks,
Ward.

--