[coreboot] flashrom and list of computers

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 6 15:48:52 CEST 2008

Hi Walter,

On 06.06.2008 09:10, walter harms wrote:
> bari wrote:
>
>> walter harms wrote:
>>
>>> hi list,
>>> after the nice flashrom demonstration on linuxtag in berlin.
>>> i have compiled flashrom and tested on several computer in the company.
>>> (simply using ./flashrom)

Great.

>>> Is there anyone interested in collecting these data ?
>>> Motherboard (Manufacturer) + flashrom result ?
>>>

>> Yes, post it here if you have the model numbers as well (with lspci
>> would be even better).
>>

> my idea was to use dmidecode that i can get informations like that:
>
> Handle 0x0100
>         DMI type 1, 25 bytes.
>         System Information
>                 Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
>                 Product Name: OptiPlex GX280
>                 Version: Not Specified
>
> Handle 0x0200
>         DMI type 2, 8 bytes.
>         Base Board Information
>                 Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
>                 Product Name: 0C7195
>                 Version:
>
> (Version is not filled, serial numbers removed)

Sometimes dmidecode also has information on BIOS size. Having that info
as well would be nice.
lspci -nnv (not a typo, I really want -nnv) would help a lot to estimate
testing coverage.

If there are machines where flashrom does not find a flash chip, please
run flashrom -V.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel