[coreboot] Coreboot, BSD, Makefiles and trac

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Fri Jun 6 04:44:09 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:48:26AM +0200, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
> 			Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the ticket system in trac, but keep being rejected as
> a spammer: "500 Internal Server Error (Submission rejected as potential
> spam)"
>
> Anyway, what I wanted to report is that Coreboot requires changes to
> compile on BSD (in my case NetBSD). What I wanted to get committed so

Ooooh, spiffy.  I guess this means I have a bit more motivation then.
More on this later.

> far is quite trivial actually: recursive "make" calls should be changed
> to "$(MAKE)", as GNU make (or "gmake") is apparently necessary to build.

Yeah, for coreboot itself there are just a few lines that need patching
to build on NetBSD/i386

> The attached patch is for ADLO, but the generic build system would need
> to be fixed as well.

I haven't pushed very hard for getting this fixed, as I figured
I was one of those for-just-one-user cases.  That and it's easy
enough to patch.

Anyway,
I have a boot(8)-based payload that I've been working on occasionally,
It's in an ugly-ish, somewhat hard-coded, but none-the-less working
state.  Also, it's an easy-ish route to loading NetBSD/amd64's ELF64
kernels.

	Jonathan Kollasch