[coreboot] ram init help on the i82830

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Jun 5 21:16:51 CEST 2008

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:00:01 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 05.06.2008 17:44, Joseph Smith wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:14:49 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
>> <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Please submit a patch now, regardless of how ugly/polluted/unclean it
>>> is. We had too many losses of great patches in the past because
>>> computers died and an early not-ready patch is better than nothing.
>>>

>> Oh, don't worry all be submitting a patch. I just want to make sure I
> have
>> my bases covered first.
>> I hope You don't think the code above is in any way
>> "ugly/polluted/unclean". I think it is a very clean, fast, and great way
>> acomplish memory initialization.
>>

> Sure, the code looks nice. I wanted to say something along the lines of
> "if you have any leftover unrelated changes in the tree, don't worry
> about them and submit the state of your tree anyway". I wish to
> apologize if my statement caused any irritation. As a non-native speaker
> I occassionally miss subtle meanings in a sentence.

No worries, Carl-Daniel. I know what you meant. I just want to be sure this
is going to work first. I have been very busy with other life things the
past few days, that is why I have not submitted it yet. This should be a
great advance though, it will allow mutiple dimm (dual and single sided)
support for many of the intel northbridges, including the i810, and
possibly the 440bx(which it is not currently working for).

--
Thanks,
Joseph Smith