[coreboot] patch: fix USB ports on DBE62, and other cs5536-based platforms

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jun 4 20:30:38 CEST 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm not against using structs, in fact maybe we should just do it, but
>> they're not the optimal solution either. The guy who invented struct was
>> not a firmware developer
>
> you gotta trust me on this, but, back then, writing an OS was not that
> much different. In fact Unix V6 and coreboot are just about the same
> size ...

So are you saying we should make this part of our coding guidelines?

I believe we really have not used this anywhere in v2 so far. Maybe we
should start doing this for v3?

How do we handle tables like the resource setup in the K8 code? It's
mostly int arrays of

{
   offset, andvalue, orvalue,
   offset, andvalue, orvalue,
   offset, andvalue, orvalue,
}

This kind of partial filling would have to be done in code completely

mystruct.member1 &= andvalue1;
mystruct.member1 |= orvalue1;

Or is there a better way?

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613