[coreboot] Problem with PLL

Marc Jones Marc.Jones at amd.com
Tue Jun 3 18:39:16 CEST 2008

Uwe Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to boot coreboot v2 on a AMD db800 (Geode LX) Board. Around
> 30% of my boots it keeps freezing right after "Configuring PLL" during
> pll_reset.
>
> Is there anything I could try to figure out why it's doing that?
>
> // Uwe

Uwe,
Failing sometimes may mean that there is a hardware problem but here are
some things you can check.

What is the port80 code when it fails?

Can you narrow down the line that fails, northbridge\amd\lx\pll_reset.c?

If it fails in the reset you can try making the pll lock time longer but
I doubt that it will help.
msrGlcpSysRstpll.lo |= (0xFF << RSTPPL_LOWER_HOLD_COUNT_SHIFT);

You can check the GLCP_SYS_RSTPLL value that is being set.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer