[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 18:07:59 CEST 2008

How do you disable ACPI?  The only reference I found said to write to a file
on the CD and change the option.  There must be another way, right?

> From going through a few x86 cpu and chipset turn-ons, I know that in
> general, debugging OS boot of a full installation is usually much
> easier than trying to debug the installation process of an OS. There
> are less obstacles to booting an already-installed image, and there
> are much more tools available for debugging the aleady-installed OS.
> Once you get that working, you can go back to debugging the CD.

I thought XP was picky about the BIOS, and if you upgraded the BIOS you
frequently had to reinstall.  That's part of the reason I wanted to try the
fresh install.

> It would be interesting to see if your platform has the same sort of
> success that Kevin got on the epia. Maybe your different graphics
> controller will work even better.

I'll try it.  My machine came with LinuxBIOS installed, so I don't have a
"factory BIOS."  I'm trying to figure out how to get one out of a .wph file
now.

Thanks,
Myles