[coreboot] SeaBIOS debug output

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 21:49:09 CEST 2008

Kevin,

> Okay - the message "sendmouse: keyboard input buffer full" is a PANIC
> call - so the bios itself shuts down the machine at that point.

I changed it to a debug call, but it hangs there either way.

> I haven't seen this error.  There are a couple of things I can think
> of:
>
> * the ps2 port isn't initialized.  On seabios, I've stopped calling
>  the low level keyboard init when used with coreboot (see
>  keyboard_init() in kbd.c).  You could try enabling that.

That panics with a keyboard error.

> * there is some kind of a run-away interrupt on your hardware.  The
>  keyboard is on int 1 and the mouse is on int 12.  Those aren't
>  normally used by other devices so this seems less likely.

I didn't see the handler that much when I set the debugging to very verbose.

> * The mouse code may not be that flexible.  You could try disabling
>  CONFIG_PS2_MOUSE and see if that helps.

It gets farther.  It loads drivers off the CD, then blue screens with

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I guess that narrows down where to look next.

Thanks,
Myles