[coreboot] new to coreboot

Philip Aston philipaston at hilberychaplin.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:14:13 CEST 2008

I have MS6178 ver 1.1, supported board, noted as not working on Linux. I can
only get it working reliably with Knoppix although Debian Etch has worked
intermittently. Embedded VGA... does that complicate things?

I'm an intermediate user finding detail on the readme within Coreboot
download difficult to understand. My chip is soldered and I'll have to
reflash in situ, not worried about that because
1 without linux the board is useless
2 might be able to retrieve original image (which I have saved) from
bootblock.

Can I build the .rom on another box? Is there a way to build using a live cd
or do I have to reinstall etch?

And very important, is this too ambitious for someone who needs to ask these
questions? Thank you.