[coreboot] SeaBIOS booting

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Jul 4 20:59:48 CEST 2008

Hi Carl-Daniel,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 02:27:08PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 04.07.2008 08:40, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > I don't see anything unusual in the log.  Did all the OSes die in the
> > same way?  Did anything come up on the vga screen?  What OSes did you
> > try?
>
> I found the various "await_ide: ERROR" and "fail floppy_13XX" messages
> interesting. In another mail you said you're not sure the floppy support
> works with real hardware. Could that be one of the reasons for the
> problems Myles is seeing?

I did notice the "await_ide: ERROR", but the cdrom code was written to
handle errors during ata_detect_medium (I guess real drives do that?).
The cdrom did eventually return a valid looking sector count and size,
so it doesn't look wrong to me.

Myles stated that he had CONFIG_FLOPPY_SUPPORT disabled.  If so, I
don't see it causing a problem as the code wouldn't even be included.
The "fail floppy_13XX" messages would be normal if the code isn't
compiled in - every floppy bios call would return a failure status.

-Kevin