[coreboot] USB debug cables and emulation

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Fri Jul 4 01:10:17 CEST 2008

> So - comes down to why you want to do it. :)

Well, I wanted to take this as a opportunity to learn the in's and out's of
USB especially USB 2.0 (EHCI). If I make a cool debugging device along the
way, then great :-)
But I get the point, It will probably end up costing me an arm and a leg to
do it. The NET 2270 USB2.0 Development Kit is $995.00..... :-(

Also I really want to learn USB for coreboot payload purposes. Did anyone
realize with all these different payloads we have none of them support USB
completely?? Filo is the only one that supports OHCI but that is it. I want
to learn about USB so I can get some USB support for legacy USB devices
(keyboards/mouse) as well as support for booting USB drives. This non-USB
situation is and always has been disturbing to me :-0
In a certain way it puts coreboot behind the times...

Thanks,
Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org