[coreboot] flashrom: Remove Makefile pciutils check, and don't rm *~ in clean

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jul 3 19:42:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 07:15:39PM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> > I am pieceing something together with parts of coresystems'
> > xcompile script. :)
>
> Uh, I'd say this is overkill.

Nothing was left of xcompile when I took out the crosscompiling
detection, which isn't needed for flashrom. Makes sense.

> Personally I prefer keeping the check in the Makefile (if at all).

I would love to simply remove the check. Then flashrom will be like
every other package I've seen.

The error message from compile or link commands (as run by make) is
IMHO far better than anything we can pretend to produce on our own.

If there is a library missing, the linker will make that clear.

Can we convince Stefan? :)

//Peter