[coreboot] r3406 - trunk/util/flashrom

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jul 2 17:30:22 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:24:36PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > However, I would like to remove the call to erase_winbond_fwhub() in
> > write_winbond_fwhub() - this driver and maybe one or two others do
> > this, and it doesn't seem right. Convenient, sure, but not right.
>
> I don't get your point, sorry.

On looking closer, all drivers do this. Erase before write. I don't
think that is right?

I would like that behavior only when explicitly saying both erase and
write. Otherwise, the layout stuff will be erasing and rewriting data
that is not actually part of the selected region in the layout.

> > Better make -Ewv work then, and apply the swapopts patch for -ewv. :)
>
> and -ezytgrl !

Hm? :)

I have been contemplating adding -T to run a full test cycle on a
chip, actually. Automated testing is always nice. Maybe require -Tf
to actually do anything?

//Peter