[coreboot] help with win-xp and legacybios/coreboot

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 00:36:29 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed and booted win-xp with coreboot-v2 and
> legacybios under qemu.  Unfortunately, when I try to install or boot
> win-xp with coreboot-v2 and legacybios on my via epia-m the system
> hangs.
>
> At this point, I don't know if the problem is related to coreboot and
> its epia-m support, or if it is related to legacybios.  I've confirmed
> that the hang does not occur inside the bios.  The last thing the
> install reports before hanging is "Setup is starting Windows".
>
> It would be helpful if others could try installing / booting win-xp
> on real hardware.  If you can do this, please follow the directions
> at:
>
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-June/036108.html

I must be missing something, because my boot fails with this message
on my s2892:

Class Code mismatch ROM 00010600, dev 00010601
copying non-VGA ROM Image from 0xfd100000 to 0xd0000, 0x5400 bytes
entering emulator
halt_sys: file /home/xd1000/try/buildrom/buildrom-devel/work/coreboot/svn/src/de
vices/emulator/x86emu/ops.c, line 183
PCI: 05:01.0 init
Devices initialized
Writing IRQ routing tables to 0xdff0000...done.
Wrote the mp table end at: 0dff0410 - 0dff0640
move mptable from 0x20 to 0xfffffc00, size 0xdff03e0

I'll look into it more tomorrow, but if you already know what it is
that would be great.

BTW: when I was trying to get XP to boot before, I was having timing
problems.  Have you tested the timer tick with factory BIOS and
coreboot?

Thanks,
Myles