[coreboot] Intel rumers spreading??

Star Liu minxinjianxin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 02:00:15 CEST 2008

Is the rumor me?
If it's me, I'd like the tell what the inside is.
I'm a newbie in free software development, and I'd like to start my free
software development from the coreboot project. In China, so many
people(more than a half) use intel cpus, and most of them are above P4,
including me. So when i found coreboot only support intel cpu up to PIII,
I'm very curious, and willing to make it support intel cpus above P4. That's
why I asked so many questions about intel cpu.
I don't think lack of support to something of coreboot will discourage
people involve in, for me, I just want to make practice, I don't mind how
perfect it is now, I really hope coreboot supported nothing, then I could
develop it from zero. :)

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org> wrote:

> Maybe it is just me, but it seems like lately there have been a lot of
> posts to the mailing list about, coreboot not supporting ANY Intel
> chipsets/cpu's. Is there rumors spreading around the mill??? If so we need
> to nip this in the bud, this is probably discouraging people that want to
> get involved with coreboot.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Joseph Smith