[coreboot] rename LAR to CBAR and LBTABLE to CBTABLE?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Jan 28 01:02:27 CET 2008

* Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> [080127 17:24]:
> > which can be used to create acpi, pirq, mptable, dmi/smbios, ...
> > structures from the same consistent source.
>
> ..for now, and later we'll teach Linux to read it directly.
>
> In Hamburg we thought the device tree would do it. Does that still
> hold?

Actually there is more information than what we currently keep in the
device tree. We can and have to put it in there at some point: PCI
slots, IRQ routing, ... CMOS config settings (?), used devices a la
which serial port to use (?) All this stuff could go to a device tree.
Then we could use it as the one data structure that replaces the
lbtable, too. It might or might not work.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613