[coreboot] [LinuxBIOS] [Fwd: Re: AMD 690G chipset support in LinuxBIOS v2]

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Tue Jan 22 20:19:41 CET 2008

Tiago Marques wrote:
> Hi Marc.
> I'm new to the ML, but was very curious about Barcelona(Phenom) support.
> Will we be able to run Phenom CPUs with coreboot on a 4Mbit BIOS?
> There were some rumors about only 8Mbit BIOS being supported.
> I'm definetely interested since I have two AM2 boards with 4Mbit BIOS chips.
> Either way, when will support be available?
> Best regards,
>                               Tiago Marques

Tiago,

The initial support is in coreboot v2. It will just fit in 4Mbit with
fallback and filo only. maindboard/amd/serengeti_cheetah_fam10 would be
the place to start. That mainboard is with the 8111/8131 chipset. I am
looking for people to port to more mainboards/chipsets.

Marc

--
Marc Jones
Senior Firmware Engineer