[coreboot] progress on lx

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sun Jan 20 02:35:35 CET 2008

On 19/01/08 17:18 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 19.01.2008 07:39, ron minnich wrote:
> > Marc, should we modify the LX build to somehow wget the VSA and copy
> > it in to LAR? Or should we have a top-level "blob" directory in v3
> > that includes the vsa file, and then build it in to LAR?
> >

> Please don't store any blobs in the v3 tree directly.
> That's where buildrom comes into play. Buildrom can always wget/curl
> these blobs from http://coreboot.org. Then it stores them in the LAR
> below the "blob/" directory.
> If you are absolutely desparate to include the VSA in a non-buildrom
> build of v3, you still can download the VSA manually.

Absolutely - this is exactly why LAR was modified to handle this behavior
transparently and easily.  Don't include any VSA (or other optionROM
behavior in coreboot).  We have nearly divorced the payload from the
coreboot build, please don't move us back.

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer