[coreboot] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Fri Jan 18 22:10:12 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 09:39 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2008 6:49 AM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
> > should work as well and fit a little better into flashrom structure.
>
> The top 512 flash fine, the lower 1.5M did not flash, but did erase,
> maybe. hard to say if
> readback worked.

That is because the test for 512k+ was the wrong way around in the read
function.
Non-mapped memory also reads as ff (same as erased) using mmap method.
The erase also needed the Block Protection to be disabled, on power-up
the Block protection defaults to on (but, maybe not with the chips on
your board.. What type?).
See my re-worked and re-re-worked patches.