[coreboot] The stack returneth!

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Fri Jan 18 21:25:22 CET 2008

Okay, so we have a problem in some of the targets still with our
-fno-stack-protector fix in buildrom.

So far, I started out with supermicro/h8mdr.  We are very nicely
setting CFLAGS +=-fno-stack-protector in Makefile.settings.  Unfortunately,
we are doing this in the Makefile _after_ we include Makefile.settings:

CFLAGS := $(CPU_OPT) $(CPPFLAGS) -Os -nostdinc -nostdlib -fno-builtin  -Wall
HOSTCFLAGS:= -Os -Wall

So we lose.  Hard.  Also, the crt0.o target for the same mainboard doesn't
include $(CFLAGS):

crt0.o: crt0.s
        @echo $(CC) ... -o $@ $<
        @$(CC) -c $(CPU_OPT) -o $@ $<

So, we're still a long ways from solving this problem. I know nothing of the
build system, so I have no idea where the prior CFLAGS := is coming from.
Could somebody find, fix and checkin that little bomb, and then I can go in
and fixup the individual targets?

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse