[coreboot] SST25VF016B (2MB) flash on m57sli (IT8716F).

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jan 17 03:24:23 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 09:09:43PM -0500, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> > > All right. So how about the Atmel AT45DB321D-SU
> >
> > Unfortunately it has a different pinout than the flash chips
> > we've looked at so far.
>
> Oh, you're right, odd. It would work in a socket I guess, if that
> socket is wired up correctly. Hrm.

If the SPI commands for reading are the same then yeah, it should
work.

> Any other suggestions for large SPI/SOIC-8 chips?

Macronix MX25L8005M2C-15G
Winbond W25X16VSSI
Winbond W25X32VSSI

Winbond will also make a 64Mbit flash but it didn't have a product
number a few months ago.

Problem with Winbond is they really only want to sell large
quantities. I haven't even gotten a quote and delivery time
back from my sales rep on a request I made in November.

//Peter