[coreboot] svn: switching subversion from LinuxBIOS to coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 17 02:24:22 CET 2008

DARK RED BOLD ATOMIC BOMB WARNING!
(OK, it's not that bad, but... see below.)

On 17.01.2008 01:06, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> As you may have noticed, svn up doesn't work anymore for old trees. svn
> switch (with or without --relocate) will fail with an error.
> You are stuck. But you wanted to keep that tree. Desparation fills your
> mind. And then you google for help and all you see is "subversion can't
> do such a switch". Before you trash your trees and bang your head
> against the wall:
>
> Use my trick to beat svn into cooperation. Sit back and relax.

!!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING !!!!
If you think you see anything that looks like an error message, STOP
IMMEDIATELY.
DO NOT try to be clever and fix up the commands yourself. It will HOSE
your tree.
The result of the first command should look like a normal "svn up"
message. The second command should not produce any output at all.
Write to the list with any questions before your tree is beyond recovery.

> Enter a v3 tree. Type the two commands below and be happy.
>
> svn switch svn://linuxbios.org/repository/coreboot-v3 .
> svn switch --relocate svn://linuxbios.org/repository/coreboot-v3 svn://coreboot.org/repository/coreboot-v3 .
>

> Enter a v2 tree. Type the two commands below and be happy.
>
> svn switch svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk/coreboot-v2 .
> svn switch --relocate svn://linuxbios.org/repos/trunk/coreboot-v2 svn://coreboot.org/repos/trunk/coreboot-v2 .

Regards,
Carl-Daniel