[LinuxBIOS] PCI device memory resource

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Thu Jan 10 06:20:07 CET 2008

I'm guessing that you're asking if it has to have as much memory as the
resource.  If that's the case, the answer is no.  You just have to respond
to any request in that region.

In other words, you could request a 1 GB region and only respond with useful
data in the first 1 MB (respond to any other read with zeros), or map the 1
MB 1024 times into the 1 GB, or anything else you decide.

Sorry if I totally missed the intent of your question,

Myles

  _____