[LinuxBIOS] PATCH: lx car that returns from disable_car

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Jan 7 23:18:42 CET 2008

ron minnich wrote:
> This patch set allows disable_car to return. Comments welcome.
>
> Thanks to Carl-Daniel and Stefan for not accepting my earlier patches,
> and arguing me into the ground. They were right.
>
> [I hope :-) we still have not solved opteron.]
>
> This discussion began quite some time ago. I thought it would never
> end. But I think we're there.
>
> Sometimes, no matter how much sense you think you are making, you've
> got to listen to other people to get it right ... and it doesn't
> always get done as soon as you might wish.
>
> thanks
>
> ron

The copy over and then wbinvd was a good idea. This should be fast and
better than copy and then copy back.... It is fine to move the cache. I
only used 0xC0000 because that is what K8 uses. For LX is doesn't matter
where the stack is located.

I don't like taking the hlt() out of die(). Can you describe when you
where having issues? It could be coherency issues in CAR with die(). In
FS2 check your config and set Coherent to off. You need it on/auto in
normal operation.

Marc

--
Marc Jones