[LinuxBIOS] RESEND: patch: fix the problem with CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA not pulling in the emulator

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sat Jan 5 22:59:14 CET 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 10:32:15PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> I'm missing the "all option ROMs except VGA" choice for machines with a
> native video driver/init and some plugged-in SCSI cards.

With native init, with the native device becoming VGA Primary, the vga
rom doesn't get run, unless the native driver itself call the relevant
functions, and specifies CONFIG_PCI_ROM_RUN in its Config.lb.

Maybe, in V3, a way to specify which roms to run, partly during
buildtime, partly through rtc cmos, could be looked into.

> Agreed. How about an additional CONFIG_NONVGA_ROM_RUN?
>
> This is a good start. I assume you have tested it with abuild. Please
> try to get another ack from Ron or Luc as well.
>
> Acked-by: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>

It looks very good from an initial glance, but i will take a more in
depth look first before ack :)

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.