[LinuxBIOS] Patch file for ld/fedora 8 issue as promised...

Ed Swierk eswierk at arastra.com
Fri Jan 4 20:25:16 CET 2008

On 1/3/08, Marc Karasek <Marc.Karasek at sun.com> wrote:
> Here is the patch with the ld option check as well.
>
> I had to make a few changes to Ron's original patch.  One of the problems
> was that CFLAGS was being set as a := in the Makefile and was overwriting
> the += that was in Makefile.settings.  So I added DISTRO_CFLAGS and
> DISTRO_LFLAGS for the two additonal flags.  The reason for two was that the
> build-id option is only used during linking and generated warnings if used
> on a compile line and was not being pulled in for the linker lines.  These
> defines were added to the appropriate places in the Makefile via the
> Config.lb file.

Are you sure the buildtarget change is right? It seems to be doing
just the opposite of what we want, adding --build-id=none only if
build-id is _not_ found in ld --help.

Also it would be very helpful if you could submit patches in a form
that patch or quilt can grok; they both choked on the one you sent.

--Ed