[LinuxBIOS] Fwd: flashrom on the host or target ?

Phani Babu Giddi phanig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 17:32:41 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phani Babu Giddi <phanig at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 1, 2008 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [LinuxBIOS] flashrom on the host or target ?
To: Corey Osgood <corey.osgood at gmail.com>

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your reply but I am not clear. Let me list the steps, may be that
will explain the problem I see.

1. I have a host target environment
2. I build Linux Kernel image with initrd on the host
3. I also build the root file system on the host
4. Now I build Linux BIOS and specify the Linux Kernel as payload.
5. So at this point I have the .bin/.rom for Linux BIOS and an image file
for the root file system.
6. So my question was how do I get this on the flash device. Do I have to
use an external programmer for this ? Because there is nothing on the target
for me to run flashrom.

Regards,
Phani