[coreboot] [patch] PCI class test for VGA

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Fri Feb 29 00:18:23 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, ron minnich wrote:
> Wow. Did this code ever work? and, if so, why ...

Remember? VGA console never worked without PCI_ROM_RUN until Luc's proposal.
Consequently, the first test got never even compiled.

If the second test fails only coreboot's own vga_tx_byte will not work. Direct
VGA access especially from the payload is unharmed.

> Can someone else test this?

Ronald's patch is perfectly sane, so I committed it modulo the braces. My VGA
still does not work, but if it breaks someone's console (which I strongly
doubt) I'll back it out again.

	Torsten