[coreboot] ncurses lib versions

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Feb 28 00:56:28 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 07:12:53PM +0100, Martin Trautmann wrote:
> which parts of the ncurses lib are required for coreboot v3?

Development parts.

> I did a default install of the current ncurses lib 5.6. A "make
> menuconfig" on the latest svn coreboot complains about missing
> COLS, wmove, acs_map etc.

Probably missing the development parts.

> These functions are named within /usr/include/curses.h and ncurses.h
>
> The README names libncurses5-dev. I did not find this anywhwere. I
> reran a "configure --with-develop" in ncurses-5.6, but did not
> obtain any improvement.

Were /usr/include/curses.h and ncurses.h installed by make install
from your build?

Your distribution should already include a ncurses development
package, try to install that.

Another data point would be running make menuconfig in a Linux source
directory. If that works and v3 doesn't, we need to fix it.

//Peter