[coreboot] ### coreboot, geode lx

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Feb 27 04:15:18 CET 2008

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:06:39PM -0500, Steve Spano wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> The compact flash card does show up as a regular disk; under the
> commercial BIOS.
>
> I'll get a new card tomorrow and wipe it clean and reinstall, see if
> that gets it going.

Make sure to delete the partition table before you reformat it as ext3. I've
found that's necessary to make Grub do the right thing.

I wasted some time a while back having just reformatted the FAT partition as
ext3 - Grub would not boot until I wiped the partition table and then created
a new ext3 table.

> Anyone know of an LPC flash emulator so its easier to develop the BIOS
> code - rather than plugging/unplugging flash chips all the time?

Do you have an LPC header? If so, you could look at the artecgroup dongle.

  http://www.coreboot.org/Artecgroup_programmable_LPC_dongle

Thanks,
Ward.

--