[coreboot] [RFC] port bochs-bios to gcc

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Feb 26 02:00:17 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:50:17AM +0100, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> plus, some addresses in those 64k are hard wired to specific interrupt
> handlers. Quite some code out there assumes this.
>
> It's still possible, but it wont be completely clean and easy.

Hi Stefan,

Implemeting the hardcoded memory addresses is not as hard as it
sounds.  All the hardcoded addresses (at least the ones implemented by
bochs) are in the last 8K of the bios.  So, you just need to make sure
the C code fits in the first 54K.  A simple assembler file can then
put trampolines at the fixed addresses.

As Jun points out, I've already done this.

-Kevin