[coreboot] GeForce 8600GT with coreboot

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 21:10:55 CET 2008

On 25.02.2008 21:00, Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
> Torsten Duwe wrote:
>
>>> I've seen that vm86 is only available in V3. Is there a 'backport' for
>>> V2 for this vm86 method for executing vga-bios-rom?
>>>

>> No. V2 should always run the emulator.
>>

> That is too bad...
> Is it really not possible to get vm86 into V2? Or gigabyte m57sli in V3?
> Which would be the least effort? Or is V3 not nearly usable?
> It would really be a pitty if I were to have to use the proprietary
> bios in the end, just because of an unfortunate choice of VGA card.

It would be very interesting to try the x.org version of x86emu (i.e.
have x.org boot your card as if it was a secondary card). It could even
work fine. Least effort.

Stefan's mail from today in this thread pointed to some code which uses
vm86 in v2. Medium effort needed.

Adding support for the M57SLI to v3 is possible, but it will take a lot
of developer time because neither the chipset nor the processor are
supported in v3.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--