[coreboot] [patch] m57sli FAN control

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Mon Feb 25 02:30:46 CET 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 02:21:00AM +0100, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> On Sunday 24 February 2008, Ronald Hoogenboom wrote:
>
> > I've found a way: provide the ec_init routine in a source file in the
> > mainboard/gigabyte/m57sli directory.
>
> Neat.

Indeed!

> > I've also added a Config variable
> > 'HAVE_FANCTL' to notify to superio.c to get the ec_init externally.
>
> Is there anyone who would want to run the board without fan control, now that
> it's here? If not, let's not make that optional.

It should not be optional if it sets the board to auto-manage the fans
(hardware control), which is what I understand it does. If things are
properly configured, one can still flip the bit that turns the fans back to
manual/software control, all the way from userland.

So I think this is fine.

Ronald, I plan to test this tomorrow on the plcc and spi versions of the
m57sli, and will ack and commit if it works fine for me (and unless someone
else opposes!).

Thanks,
Ward.

--