[coreboot] VMware reality check

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:46:09 CET 2008

> On Behalf Of Peter Stuge
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:27:38AM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> > Is there a reasonable way to make this work?  Do you really have
> > to configure coreboot for VMware based on which CPU the host has?
>
> Counter-question:
>
> How does RAM and HT init work if you have Opteron+440bx?

Good point.  I'm not sure why I can't get VMware to boot coreboot configured
for Qemu.  It fails before there is any output with the message:

	The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will
need 	to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point.

Since when I boot into Linux with their BIOS /proc/cpuinfo shows my laptop's
processor, I thought this must be part of the problem.  Maybe it's not.

Myles