[coreboot] [ patch] v3 Geode graphics init.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:30:40 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 5:18 PM, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Bad news. It is hanging (locking up) in vsm. I interpret this to mean
>  >  it maybe took an interrupt? Post code is 0x10.
>  >
>  >  output is attached.
>
>  Just to double-test I backed it out and rebuilt, and everything works again.
>
>  Gee, this is gonna be fun :-)

I spoke to soon. OK, something has introduced another regression.

Sigh.

Here is the pattern.

You flash. Linux starts to boot. It thinks it finds an ACPI table. It
coughs chunks and dies.

The next time you boot, it hangs in vsm. Oh, yes, and power cycling
does no help.

I just tried leaving it off for one minute and ... it hangs in vsm.

I'm a little concerned that we broke the lar zeroing code again. that
would explain the bogus ACPI bits.

we're breaking things too often. I think we may need to stop
committing until we get a test. So we may need a signoff, "Tested-by",
and no commits until that is seen.

ron