[coreboot] v3 config patch and lar patch

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:02:01 CET 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch makes PAYLOAD_PREPARSE_ELF only apply to the payload.

oops! I just realized: pre-parsing stage2 is required. So we need to
rename this flag and continue to ELF parse stage2.

E.g.:

  normal/payload/segment0 (152672 bytes, zeroes compressed to 1 bytes
@0x50);loadaddress 0x0x111f60 entry 0x0x10d9b4
  normal/payload/segment1 (73544 bytes, lzma compressed to 36370 bytes
@0xb0);loadaddress 0x0x100000 entry 0x0x10d9b4
  normal/payload/segment2 (72 bytes, lzma compressed to 47 bytes
@0x8f20);loadaddress 0x0x1373c0 entry 0x0x10d9b4
  normal/option_table (1200 bytes @0x8fa0);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0
  normal/stage2/segment0 (191788 bytes, zeroes compressed to 1 bytes
@0x94a0);loadaddress 0x0xb8e0 entry 0x0x2000
  normal/stage2/segment1 (32508 bytes, lzma compressed to 17187 bytes
@0x9500);loadaddress 0x0x2000 entry 0x0x2000
  normal/stage2/segment2 (6348 bytes, lzma compressed to 425 bytes
@0xd880);loadaddress 0x0xa000 entry 0x0x2000
  normal/initram/segment0 (5404 bytes @0xda80);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0xf0b
  blob/vsa (57504 bytes @0xefe0);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0
  zerofill (384767 bytes @0x1d0c0);loadaddress 0x0 entry 0x0
  bootblock (20480 bytes @0x7b000)
Total size = 523914 bytes (0x7fe8a)

pre-parsing is for more than just payload, it turns out, esp. since it
manages bss correctly. It turned out the built-in elf loader did not,
which was also a problem as I found out the hard way. E.g.
stage2/segment0 above is .bss.

ron