[coreboot] RAM breaks?

mercury at wirebros.com mercury at wirebros.com
Thu Feb 21 15:13:21 CET 2008

Hi all,

I actually managed to fix the problem with loading elf image, it was
faulty filo, but I still have about 10sec delay from power cycle before
coreboot starts logging. I use regular PS, and original BIOS starts up
immediately.
I use regular power switch now, but it will be ACPI signal in the future.

So actually my original BIOS proceeds quicker than my current coreboot :(

Thanks for explaining that memory part of the log, now it makes perfect
sense.

One more question, or idea; is it going to be worthwhile to modify scripts
(and Config.lb options) to have ability to merge VideoBIOS (optionally)
into rom image?

... and another one; Config.lb has ROM_SIZE , and ROM_SECTION_SIZE
variables. I noticed that these 2 cannot have the same value (compilation
fails saying "Integer constant too large" - division by zero?), but there
are cases when I need to have both of them the same (single section in the
rom image). Is it a bug?

I'm new to this project, thus my questions are popping, but I didn't find
my answers anywhere else.

Thanks