[coreboot] GeForce 8600GT with coreboot [was: m57sli VGA failure]

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Mon Feb 18 23:01:23 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 21:43 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> Have you tried vm86 and x86emu? Sometimes only vm86 works due to quirks
> not addressed by the emulator.

Can you tell me how to select the vm86 instead of x86emu? Is that v3
only? (I'm using v2!)

> That would be a really big bad bug.
> Do you know which chip controls the fan on your board?

That would be the superio IT8716f.

I also noticed that the k8 powernow doesn't work:
'powernow-k8: MP systems not supported by PSB BIOS structure' the kernel
says.
On top of that, the vid voltage is set to 1.35V with coreboot (without
powernow) and to 1.10V (min. speed) - 1.30V (max. speed) booted with
proprietary bios (with powernow), which heats the processor even faster.

> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

Regards,
Ronald.