[coreboot] flashrom: Handling of mainboard selection

Mart Raudsepp mart.raudsepp at artecdesign.ee
Mon Feb 18 15:37:59 CET 2008

Ühel kenal päeval, E, 2008-02-18 kell 15:44, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
> > * Add a field to the struct (either treated as boolean, or a flag),
> > that
> > tells the logic if this entry should be considered in the
> > auto-detection
> > logic or skipped
> >   Pros:
> >     * can skip boards from PCI based auto-detection logic, requiring
> > user specifying it;
> >     * has safeguards still in place (in this specific case will allow
> > claim it's a DBE61 only on Geode based products)
> >   Potential cons: extra struct field
>
> As there have been no replies on mailing list on this, I went ahead and
> made a simple patch for the above quoted approach. I remember that using
> an extra field was found to be the preferred approach by several people
> on IRC as well.
>
> Attached you will find that patch, plus an accordingly modified
> DBE61/DBE62 board enable patch.
>
> Comments or Acks? :)

Luc Verhaegen pointed out that if subsystem IDs are NULL, then the entry
already isn't considered in the auto-detection logic.
I must have misread the logic and assume that even then the first match
is just picked.

So now the attached patch ditches the extra flag adding and just adds
board enable for DBE61 and DBE62 without specifying PCI subsytem IDs;
and also documents that logic to avoid further confusion.

Mart Raudsepp,
Software Engineer,
Artec Design LLC