[coreboot] Dump GPIO I/O Registers

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Mon Feb 18 02:45:07 CET 2008

Quoting Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>:

> On 16.02.2008 17:57, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> Hello,
>> How do I dump the GPIO I/O Registers in linux. I need to dump the
>> GPIO's from the southbridge. Anyone?
>>

> Depends on the southbridge. It could be directly/indirectly
> memory-mapped or port-based. Simply tell us what the data sheet says
> about reading the GPIO state and we can help.
>
> Regards,
> Carl-Daniel

The southbridge is the Intel 82801DB ICH4. I don't see anything in the
datasheet about reading the GPIO state....just says:

The control for the general purpose I/O signals is handled through a
separate 64-byte I/O space.

I can find out the base offset address from the LPC pci configuration
registers, but how do I dump it into human readable form??

Thanks - Joe